Ships can perform actions, which thematically represent things a pilot can do,
such as repositioning slightly or flying defensively.
When a ship is instructed to perform an action, the ship can perform a
STANDARD ACTION, which includes actions listed in that ship's action bar,
as well as abilities that have the ACTION: header on that ship's
ship, or upgrade cards.
- A ship cannot perform actions while stressed.
- Some upgrade cards have an action bar that lists one or more actions.
These actions are added to the ship's action bar and therefore are
standard actions that the ship can perform.
- Some ship and upgrade cards have a linked action bar which allows the
ship to perform linked actions.
- Some actions can fail.
- Actions have three difficulties: white, red, or purple. White is the least
difficult, then red, then purple.
- As a cost to attempt to perform a red action, a ship must gain 1 stress token.
- As a cost to attempt to perform a purple action, a ship must spend 1 .
- If a ship is instructed to perform an action, the action is white unless
- If two or more effects would alter the color of an action from its default
color (e.g. "treat the action as red"), the action is treated as the most
restrictive of those colors.
- There is no maximum limit to the number of actions a ship can perform
over the course of a round, but a ship cannot perform the same action
more than once during a single round, or perform an action it has failed this round.
- If a ship has multiple damage cards with the same name, each damage
card's ability is a different action.
- Some cards have multiple ACTION: headers, each of which indicates a
- Game effects such as "gain 1 focus token," "boost," or "acquire a lock"
are not actions, and a ship can resolve these game effects any number
of times each round. Game effects such as "perform a
or "perform a
action" are actions, and therefore each ship can perform each of these actions only once per
- During the Perform Action step of a ship's activation, the ship may
perform an action.
- A ship can choose not to perform an action during the Perform Action
step or when granted an action.