The Engagement Phase is the fourth phase of the round. During this phase,
each ship ENGAGES, one at a time, starting with the ship with the highest
initiative and continues in descending order.
When a ship engages, it may perform an attack.
- After all ships of a given initiative have engaged, all destroyed ships are
removed. Then, continuing in descending order, this process continues
with all ships of the same initiative engaging and then removing all
- If a player has multiple ships with the same initiative, the player engages
them in any order, engaging one ship before engaging another ship of the
same initiative value.
- If multiple players have ships with the same initiative, player order is used
to determine the order. The first player engages all of their ships of a
given initiative before the second player engages all of their ships of that
- Disarmed ships still engage even though they cannot perform attacks.
- Each ship engages only once during this phase.