Some abilities allow a ship to be attached to or ride inside another ship. If a
card ability instructs a ship to DOCK with a carrier ship, the docked ship is
placed in reserve. A docked ship is able to DEPLOY from its carrier ship during
the System Phase by performing the following steps:
- Choose a non-stationary, non-reverse maneuver on the docked ship's dial.
- Using the corresponding template, the docked ship executes the
maneuver using the front guides or the rear guides of the carrier ship as
if those guides were the ship's starting position.
- The ship may perform one action.
- While a ship is deploying, if the ship would partially execute the maneuver
and cannot be placed without overlapping another ship, the ship fails to
deploy and stays in reserve.
- A ship that deploys during the System Phase does not activate during the Activation Phase.
During the System Phase, a ship at range 0 of its carrier ship can dock with it
and be placed in reserve. A ship cannot both dock and deploy during the same
System Phase. A ship that docks during the System Phase does
not resolve its assigned dial or activate during the Activation Phase.
If a carrier ship is destroyed, before the carrier is removed from the play
area, any docked ships can EMERGENCY DEPLOY from their carrier. A docked
ship performs an emergency deploy similar to deploying, as described above,
except the ship first suffers 1 damage and after executing the maneuver,
does not have the opportunity to perform an action.
- If the docked ship attempts to emergency deploy and must partially execute
the maneuver but cannot be placed without overlapping another
ship, the ship fails to deploy and is destroyed.
- If a ship emergency deploys during the Engagement Phase, it can still
engage during that phase at its initiative. If its initiative has already
occurred this round, it cannot engage this phase.
- See Appendix for a deploy example.
- Ships capable of docking can start the game docked. Before the Place
Forces step of setup, that player must declare which ships are docked
and the ships they are docked to.
- During the System Phase, the initiative of the ship docking or deploying is
used, not the initiative of the carrier ship.